Products mentioned in this video:
❤︎ Orange & Browns:
1. Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick – Out Loud – http://go.magik.ly/ml/5vej/
2. Colourpop Ultra Matte lip – Kae – http://go.magik.ly/ml/6ow3/
3. Huda Beauty liquid matte – Vixen – http://go.magik.ly/ml/6ow6/
❤︎ Red & Burgundy:
1. Sephora Cream lip stain – 01 – http://go.magik.ly/ml/6ow4/
OR Smashbox always on liquid lipstick – Bawse – http://go.magik.ly/ml/5vah/
2. Colourpop Ultra Matte lip – Avenue – http://amzn.to/2gW2phl
3. Colourpop Ultra Matte lip – Rooch – http://go.magik.ly/ml/6ow3/ OR Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick Miss Conduct – http://go.magik.ly/ml/5vej/
OR Colourpop Ultra Satin lip – Prim – http://amzn.to/2wUXfrj
4. Dose of colors Savage Liquid Matte Lipstick – http://go.magik.ly/ml/6jm3/
OR Colourpop Ultra Matte lip – LAX – http://amzn.to/2wV28ko
❤︎ Berry, Mauves, Plums & Purples:
1. Colourpop Ultra Matte lip – Tulle – http://amzn.to/2gVCUNi
OR Sephora Cream lip stain – 04 – http://go.magik.ly/ml/6ow7/
2. Colourpop Ultra Matte lip – More better – http://amzn.to/2jhfIKc
OR Colourpop Lippie Stix – LBB (matte) – http://go.magik.ly/ml/6ow8/
3. Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick Girl Gang – http://go.magik.ly/ml/5vel/
4. Colourpop Ultra Matte lip – Notion – http://go.magik.ly/ml/6ow3/
5. Colourpop Ultra Matte lip – Zipper – http://go.magik.ly/ml/6ow3/
OR Colourpop Lippie Stix – Leather (matte) – http://go.magik.ly/ml/6ow9/
OR Colourpop Ultra Satin lip – Panda – http://amzn.to/2wV1DXy
6. Colourpop Ultra Matte lip – Guess – http://go.magik.ly/ml/6ow3/
Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. It has been a while since I reviewed any product on my blog, but I have been trying some new products recently and wanted to share it with you all.
Madam Glam is a relatively new US based company and is known for their nail paints. So, a few months back, a representative from their company contacted me to see if I was interested in reviewing some of their products and of course I was excited to try vegan and cruelty free makeup! They sent me two of their lipsticks and here’s my thoughts on them. Please know that this blog post is NOT sponsored in any way!
I wanted berry/red toned lipsticks to suit my skin tone and I received the shades Sophisticated Wine (#38) and Le Rouge (#138). Their lipsticks contain Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter) which are all plant based ingredients! They have 17 lipstick shades (as of today) and come in shiny and matte finish. The packaging is quite simple and straight forward, nothing fancy. It’s a twist up black velvety lipstick case with the brand name on the cap and the shade name on the bottom of the lipstick. The cap does not have the harsh clicking sound on closing but does slow down to close in a subtle way (which I prefer). The lipstick bullet is quite compact which saves space in my makeup bag.
Left: Sophisticated Wine; Right: Le Rouge (with flash – more representative of the true shade)
And here are some swatches on the back of my hand.
Sophisticated Wine is a beautiful pinkish berry shade that is appropriate for work/every day wear and can be flattering on a wide range of skin tones. Le Rouge, as the name suggests is a bright red (leaning towards orange red) and will suit light to medium skin tones. The swatch on their website does look darker than they are in person.
Both the lipsticks are moisturizing and creamy on application. You get instant pigment pay off with one swipe of the lipstick. The formula is also quite build-able. You can achieve lip looks ranging from a stained lip to a full-on pigmented lip (no natural lip coloring showing). The formula does not move around much and I did not have any issues with feathering around the lips. Throughout the day, the lipstick does wear off but leaves behind a stain (which I personally love). That being said, the stain is not drying on the lips. You know when some lipsticks wear off, they just tend to really dry out the lips.. well, this doesn’t do that!
It did not come off patchy either, it wore off pretty uniformly. However, you do have to touch-up after eating a meal though. The stain on its own is not enough to last the day (at least on my pigmented lips). So, I do re-apply after a meal which is true for most lipsticks.
Pictures: ‘Sophisticated Wine‘ on application and the wear off throughout the day (notice that the moisturizing effect/shine fades away but about 40-50% of the pigment stays put). Absolutely love this shade (on application and the stain that it leaves behind)!
Pictures: ‘Le Rouge‘ on application and the wear off throughout the day (notice that the moisturizing effect/shine fades away but about 40-50% of the pigment stays put). I am not crazy about this shade on application but love love the stain! 🙂
These lipsticks cost $15.95 and Madam Glam has been kind enough to share a 30% discount code for all my subscribers. $16 for a lipstick does sound expensive but then again the lipsticks do not contain any animal products and are cruelty free. Also, these lipsticks contain 4.5g of product in comparison with a traditional MAC lipstick containing 3g of lipstick for a higher price. So, these will last much longer.
So, if you are interested in checking some products from Madam Glam, don’t forget to use the link http://madamglam.com/?utm_source=yt-beautylashes30. You can purchase their products from their website – http://www.madamglam.com/
- Decent wear time (4-5 hours without eating/sipping on a drink)
- Leaves behind a stain
- Moisturizing (for about 4 hours)
- Smooth application
- Good pigmentation (my experience is limited to these two shades)
- Does not feather outside the lip line
- Can settle into the lines of the lip
- Can be a bit drying towards the end of the day (when the moisturizing effect wears off)
- Slightly pricey
- Transfers onto food and drinks
- Old/Grandma’s lipstick smell (although it doesn’t have a scent once on the lips). I think this may be because they do not haven’t added any artificial fragrance to these lipsticks (which may be good in the long run).
Overall, I am very impressed with the lipsticks, especially considering its a new cosmetics company! I am looking forward to purchasing and testing more of their products.